From chump to champ with chimps in 2021

I've really enjoyed working on From Chump To Champ With Chimps (playlist linked here) over the past year. It's taught me a lot about video editing, scripting and just generally how to make content for fighting games. I've tried to stick to a somewhat weekly schedule but missed it a few times and needed a break once in a while due to lack of motivation/being busy, so overall I've learned a lot about how much I can stick to a schedule and how likely it is that I can finish something given a time frame, without it being overtly penalising like university.

Making tons of videos ranging from 2-8 minutes has shown me what my optimal timeframe is for a video as well. I think I do best with 5 minute videos, since it's generally more than enough to get relevant info out without dragging on too long. The topics I pick also most likely have something to do with that perception

I still want to keep working on these videos because I like them, and it seems like people generally like them as well. However I've mentioned it a few times on social media that I'm starting postgrad soon, so I will be far less available to work on these videos at my leisure.

My current plan is to make one longer video every month (maybe 10 minutes) and then publish small videos on my Twitter every week or fortnight depending on how busy my schedule actually ends up being. Based on how hard I imagine my course to be, I think this could be a good balance between studies and still making videos without sacrificing either of them.

I've kept this short for brevity. Thanks for reading, and if you have watched and/or shared my videos you have my gratitude. See ya around!

Comments